Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Abre Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes)

Cover from: theupwardspiral.files.wordpress.com

Abre Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes) is a Spanish film about a young wealthy man and his struggles with reality. The movie Vanilla Sky was based off of this film, and I prefer Abres Los Ojos to Vanilla Sky greatly. Throughout this film you will be second guessing yourself as you attempt to find out what is really happening, trying to understand who is who, and what really is and what is not.

This film is definitely worth seeing and will keep you thinking and guessing all of the way through. It's mindbending, full of great acting by Eduardo Noriega and Penelope Cruz (who plays the same role in Vanilla Sky).

Even though I had seen Vanilla Sky prior to this, I still find myself very happy that I watched it. The plots are seemingly identical, although I find the acting and cinematography much more pleasing in Abre Los Ojos. If you decide to watch this I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

42 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting ill go see if its on netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually prefer Vanilla Sky to Obre Los Ojos. The cinematography and acting which were good, were just really depressing. Just brings you down. While Vanilla sky the cinematography was brighter and more colorful, and the acting was more lively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have time to watch movies anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this film it was a mindtrip for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually love foreign films. I'll check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched this movie last night, kind of scary. The plot moved a bit too slow for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another good recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love me some Penelope Cruz in BOTH

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this movie, it was great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been lookin' into Spanish films. This one sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be honestly, that cover is a little bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good I might give it a try ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh... interesting movie! and penelope cruz is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cool it would be to live in an alternate world. check my blog if you like politics, i will expand your concern on global issues that will affect everyone in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like trippy movies, will definitely give this movie a shot :3

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like your post;)
    supportin you;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will get out and buy this next chance I have.

    Love.


    http://sywkca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. tnq

    http://chilltimeitis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goddamnit man, you make my list longer and longer!

    Soon i gotta spend a week just catching up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never seen it but reading this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really interesting, might give it a watch sometime :)

    ReplyDelete