Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Amélie (Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain)

Cover from: vibewsu.files.wordpress.com

Now here's a film I think a good number of you have heard of. It's a very well awarded film, which in my opinion it rightfully deserves to be. It's offbeat, full of wonderful acting, and has a soundtrack to die for. As you can guess from the title the story is about a woman named Amelie. The film follows her progression through adolescence, but focuses mainly on her life as a young woman.

Amélie is absolutely charming and won me over very quickly. You are presented with her way of thinking, and are able to feel her fascination as she discovers something or someone who is of interest to her. It's in easy film to fall in love with, and one that you'll never want to forget. For that reason and many more, I recommend you watch Amélie.

40 comments:

  1. never seen it, ill take a look later tonight though, looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I could never see this movie before because I've always been so creeped out about the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a pretty damn awesome movie, if you have not seen it yet you should check it out people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the only foreign films I've seen. It's not mindblowing in any way but it has a nice simple story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that movie! European cinema at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm maybe I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. showing my support for a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of it and though of watching it...but a friend of mine got a little too into this movie and it kind of put me off. But you're recommending it so it's probably worth watching. Thanks, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously one of my fav. movies of all time!
    Music by Yann Thiersen is also FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd probably enjoy it if I watched it, but I don't think I'd seek it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend showed me this film and i fell in love. Daily support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Showing my nightly support, comrade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can't decide if she's gorgeous or creepy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember this being a pretty decent movie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the recommendation... I'll try to check out the film.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yeah i watched this movie, didnt liked it tho

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always wanted to see it, just never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post, keep up the good work =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice post!
    i love it ;)
    supportin & following you ;):D

    ReplyDelete
  21. As a French major, I get asked ALL the time whether I've seen this movie. The answer being, "Of course."

    Watched it like 3 times, then watched it again in French Film. Good movie, though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of the first movies i have seen in a cinema :) great movie

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was a very moving movie indeed

    ReplyDelete