Followers

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Ghost Writer by Roman Polanski

Cover from: www.giovanninavarria.com

This is Polanski's most recent film staring Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, Kim Cattrall, and Olivia Williams. With a cast like this, and a director like Roman Polanski it's not a stretch to assume this is a good movie.

The film is about a ghost writer who is signed through a publishing company to finish a biography of the Prime Minister of Britain. Ewan McGregor's character has been hired fill in the position of the last ghost writer who mysteriously turned up dead on a nearby beach.

This is one of the best mystery movies that I have recently seen and successfully kept me guessing and entertained the whole way through. There are a number of breathtaking and shocking moments that you would have never expected. As the film goes on you're pulled deeper and deeper into it, and continue to attempt to guess who is responsible for the events that are going on.

A great film by a well known director with an all-star cast, not to mention one of the best endings in recent film history that will leave you on the edge of your seat trying to make sense of everything. I hope you'll watch it, I enjoyed it immensely.

55 comments:

  1. thanks for the info i check this movie out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although Polanski is a child rapist and should pay for his crime you can't go wrong with McGregor and Brosnan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of slow near the end of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it'll be one of the better films this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might have to watch this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definentley gonna watch this man...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you got some cool stuff, i hope to do the same with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a really good movie,and a great review of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like you're headed in the right direction with this post...

    ReplyDelete
  10. a great movie by one of the greatest firectors, you should check my blog, maybe you can find something of an interest to you

    ReplyDelete
  11. This movie slipped through my radar, gonna have to check it out. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just watched this movie a couple nights ago! Good stuff man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. watched it while high. The fuck man? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good mystery! But it's hard to find one these days that's not too predictable. I get the impression you certainly didn't think so about this one. I'll give it a watch when I'm done with classes. Thanks, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. definitely gonna have to check this movie out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting movie, even more interesting director. Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This movie was way too predictable. I still enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been waiting for this to come up in my Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  19. havent heard of these actors but i do like polanski

    ReplyDelete
  20. still to see this movie bro, have to check it out now .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely have to check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually really wanted to watch this movie but wasn't sure because it seemed very slow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love mcgregor! especially in the island

    ReplyDelete
  24. I might have to give this one a watch :o

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wanted to watch this one, but never got around to it

    ReplyDelete
  26. i just saw this a few days ago. great movie and great post bro!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice blog man supporting and following!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I appreciate your kind comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yea I've heard about this movie before, but haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good film..thank u! :)

    Showing my daily supp..check my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. IT was a good film, but not as outstanding as many of Polanski's previous features..

    ReplyDelete
  32. nice post!
    i like the blog;)
    supportin & follow you;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Showing my support for a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just saw it last night, great movie, funny ending.

    ReplyDelete
  35. never seen it but ill have to check it out

    ReplyDelete