Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mr. Nobody

Cover from: 4.bp.blogspot.com

Mr. Nobody is another amazing mindfuck film that I have seen recently. The film is directed by Jaco Van Dormael and stars Jared Leto (the actor from Requiem for a Dream as well as the lead singer from 30 Seconds to Mars).

The film takes place between the 20th and 21st century, and follows Jared Leto's character (Nemo Nobody). It's one of the best depictions of String Theory in film form, showing a number of different ways that ones life is affected by every choice that one makes.

This is a must see film, but is also a love or hate film. I fell in love with it and felt in touch with a great number of the characters in it, and felt for Nemo through all of the painful choices and situations he was brought through.

It's hard for me to think of a film that is similar to this one, but if I had to choose one it would be The Fountain. Both films keep you guessing and have a strong surreal feeling to them. This film keeps you thinking well after you've finished watching it, and will remain one of my favorite films for a long time.

31 comments:

  1. i will see it in a few days :D seems very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, will check it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good movie, gonna have to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Jaed Leto as an actor not a singer. Is this movie in French?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, it's in English. It was never released in the US though so I was having a tough time finding a good quality cover picture in English :3

    And same with me Rex, I think he's a much better actor. (Although a talented singer too, but I don't listen to him)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, I loved the Fountain and this also looks right up my alley. Jared Leto is a very underrated actor. Needs more respect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 200th follower here. Nice review by the way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like it would be a tear jerker from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mind fuck films, ill have to check this one out

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have great taste in movies, I'm constantly getting good suggestions from this blog :] Definitely following you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice this is a great movie, keep it up,

    ReplyDelete
  13. im very interested, 30 seconds to mars is a good group. they are very insightful with their projects. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very informative, watched the film after reading this, was quality

    ReplyDelete
  15. That actually sounds like a good watch. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Given the review and comments I guess I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete