Followers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nobody Knows (Dare mo shiranai)

Cover from: omohide.com

Nobody Knows is a heart-wrenching tale of Japanese family of five, four kids and their mother. They all live in a small apartment where children are not allowed, only the oldest child, a twelve year old boy named Akira is known to be living with his mother.

The mothers disregard for her children is extremely frightening. Akira has always been in charge of his brothers and sisters, shopping, cooking, and doing much more for them, but when his mother is gone for longer and longer periods of time he is forced to do more and more. He is forced to do the work of a father, not the work of a twelve year old boy.

This film is one of the most depressing and extremely beautiful films that I have seen in a while. The harsh reality these kids have, and the lack of parenting, schooling, and much more makes you feel for them. This film is truly beautiful, and I strongly recommend watching it. (It's also available on Netflix instantly)

24 comments:

  1. like your writing style, looks nice. movie also seems interesting.
    go on with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a shame I don't have netflix. I am interested in this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now really want to watch it, it really looks heartmoving

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch Ima gunna give this movie a go then

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds deep im going to have to watch it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dun't like watching depressing films. =[ probably won't watch this one. >_>

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping by to say hi to another interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Showing my daily support I REALLY need yours aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a hard movie to watch but soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good reviews, very well written, quick and to the point, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw it cause I had nothing to do. It was good, real good. My g.f teared at parts because she also raised her little brother and sister almost as a parent when her mother died and father was always at work. Thanks for the review bro.

    Much love and a lil currency support going your way

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to check this out, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete